Sunday 19 July 2015

REVI EATS AT: THE WAREHOUSE CAFE


The Warehouse Cafe in Digbeth, Birmingham, has been on my list for a while now and because it was my birthday on Thursday 16th July I finally had the perfect excuse to visit.  I made plans to meet my sister and go to for appetisers  and more importantly birthday cake.  

Although tucked away in a side road in Digbeth, it was fairly easy to locate.  The restaurant is located upstairs in the Birmingham Friends of the Earth building.  The whole building is original, quirky and arty.  We were seated straight away and having dribbled over the menu all week leading up to our visit we knew exactly what we wanted and ordered straight away.  

I ordered the vegan falafel and my sister chose the aubergine and corn fritters.  Both were so delicious and full of flavour.  The falafel came with a side of chilli, hummus and beetroot tzatziki.  The fritters came with paprika popcorn, unusual but very delicious.  We were both only after a small bite and these dishes definitely left us wanting more! 

We then turned our attention to cake.  I went for the vegan chocolate brownie with blueberry ice-cream, knowing it was my birthday, the lovely waitress stuck a candle in my cake. My sister went for the orange & rose water polenta cake with crushed pistachios and vanilla ice-cream.  Both were extremely delicious and have taken the number 1 stop on my list, 'Top Places for Desserts.'  The warm brownie with a berry sauce and blueberry ice-cream just went so well together that I am drooling just thinking about it.  My sister's choice was also a winner!  It was light, fluffy and had just the right amount of sweetness.  

All in all, the food was inexpensive, good quality and original.  The service was prompt and the staff were so friendly.  I am already thinking of planning my next trip here.  When I do visit next time, I am going to make sure that I go with a bit more room in my stomach as the menu has a variety of choices.

On our way out we visited the Earth Shop and picked up some plant based goodies.  If you ever decide to head down to the Cafe, definitely check the shop out even if it is for a nosey snoop! 







No comments:

Post a Comment